Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Competition to the Death in Lisbon

One of the things that my great friend Cinse points out is that she loves the ridiculous traditions that I create, which in turn often relate to a competition of some sort.  It tends to work well when we're overseas because it distracts the students.  Last fall when we led students to Spain and Portugal over Thanksgiving break I challenged everyone to find the best example of the tile (the Portuguese are justifiably famous for their tile work).  Instead of telling me to buzz off they all got very excited about the challenge.  I'm sure there's some more that I haven't located yet, in which case I'll add them later.

Cara

Elijah

Kelly

Lenny

Jo

Alysha

Evie

Meg

Mike

Mikhaila

Scudder
Well, clearly I won, but I'll disqualify myself because I had visited Lisbon before and had an unfair advantage.  I guess I'll have to give the award to Cara for managing to squeeze several different types of tile in the same picture, with honorable (dishonorable?) mention to Jo for general goofiness.

No comments: