Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Out of the Past

Our of the blue yesterday my sister Beth sent me some pictures that I had not seen in years.  No great commentary included, or needed.  I'm thirteen years older than Beth, so in many ways I think I've always served more as her uncle than her brother,  not that I don't love her.  I left home to head off to college before she even entered kindergarten, I think, and from then on I never was around too much.  I need to head over to Chicago and spend some quality time with her and her kids.

I'm guessing that I must have been fourteen or fifteen here.  She, of course, was beautiful from birth and I don't think she's had an ugly day since.  Me, on the other hand, . . .


I was a physical specimen even then.  I can't figure out why I didn't have more girlfriends growing up.  If you've seen Weirder Things you'll understand my childhood growing up in Indiana.

No comments: