Saturday, September 2, 2017

Shirt of Excellence

Recently my friend Craig gave me an amazing t-shirt that he stumbled across.  He thought it was a perfect fit for me because, in his mind, I'm all talk with my rhetoric with my students and in the end I'm a pussy cat - whereas my theory is that I seem nice but in the end I flunk them.  Either way, I'd better enjoy the shirt while I have it because apparently several people have their eyes on it.  I've taken to leave it hanging on the back of my office chair as a welcome to anyone visiting (I sometimes swap it off with my Drive-By Truckers inspired "Hell no I ain't happy" t-shirt, depending upon daily mood).

My most excellent friend and de facto little sister Cyndi has stolen the shirt not once, but twice.

And my utterly mad student Carolanne stopped by my office after I had left for the day and, instead of leaving a note like any sane person would do, she put on the shirt, took a selfie, and emailed it to me to scold me for not being in my office (at her beck and call).
Clearly, Champlain needs better security.

And just about the time that Carolanne returned the shirt Kathy swiped it and another email arrived.  If only women over the years had shown as much interest in the owner of the shirt.



No comments: