Sunday, January 28, 2018

Blending Totally and Effortlessly

I have a million things to do, so, what am I do?  Naturally, I'm culling through thousands of student pictures from the recent trip to Zanzibar.  I started for a perfectly legitimate, and fairly innocent, reason: collecting pictures to use in the preparation for next year's poster (we'll be out pitching the trip this week) and also to share them with parents on the Facebook page (students always mean to share pictures with their parents, they just never quite do so). Here's a picture one of the student sent along from the traditional bullfight on Pemba.  Everyone else was sitting on a raised platform that had been built for the crew, and, of course, I was the one contrary one who hung around on the ground, joined the crowd, and talked to folks.  There's a metaphor here somewhere.

I'm the one up front.


No comments: