Sunday, March 25, 2018

Zen at Petra

I've been blessed beyond all measures to have gone to Petra more times than I can accurately count.  It's either six or seven (eight?) times, and if you're not quite certain how many times you've visited Petra you've lived a life marked by more good fortune than you've earned (as I often opine, Allah looks after the feeble-minded).  Still, I think I should mark the occasion, especially since this last trip was so amazing.  So, I think I'm just going to post some pictures with more random themes.  With that in mind, here are a couple pictures which just speak to a sense of bliss and awe in the midst of the beauty and chaos and physical exertion.

Cat, Liza and Cyndi as they collapsed at the souvenir shop at the end of the world.  Something about their three postures/expressions sums up the entire experience.

My student Brandon checking out one of the cliffs up above the Monastery.  I walked out to the end of my own cliff to snap this shot, and I yelled over to him, "You do know that if I post this picture your mother is going to kill us both!"

No comments: