Saturday, December 22, 2018

Tavira

During the Portugal trip I arrived on Friday afternoon (after suffering through a wretched Canada Air Rouge flight and and a hour and a half wait at Customs in Lisbon).  Early the next morning I made my way to the Metro station to begin my journey south to see my friend Tony. They kindly invited me to stay at their lovely home before I took the train back on Sunday afternoon.  On Saturday night we went into the nearby historic town of Tavira which was so beautiful. As I mentioned in the previous post, I have such admiration for Tony and Kathy.  They live such a sane, balanced, purposeful life.

One of the many charming squares in Tavira.

Tony told me that you have to be very careful when you stuck digging in your garden in the area because you never know what you're going to dig up: in this case ruins, some of them centuries old Muslim house and some of them thousands of years old Phoenician buildings.

I took several shots looking from what is called the "Roman Bridge". It's not Roman, but it is very old.  A lovely picture, and I don't even think it's the most beautiful one I took, but this one shows the Christmas decorations in the trees.

The Roman Bridge, replete with Christmas lights.

This picture never quite came together like I wanted it to, but it's still lovely.

No comments: