Saturday, November 16, 2019

One Week

In one week I'll be leading another class on the way to Jordan. Normally on foreign travel it's at this stage when I'm regretting that I ever considered going on the upcoming trip.  However, that never seems to be the case with Jordan, which is one of the innumerable reasons why Jordan is clearly my favorite country. Jordan is beautiful and so historically and culturally rich, and, well, from our point of view it's simply the easiest trip to plan. Our great friend Fadi from Petra Moon Tours whips everything into shape with minimal fuss. I can't sing their praises too highly if you're thinking about heading to Jordan and need some assistance please check out Petra Moon. It's hard to believe that my friend Cyndi and I threw the first Jordan trip together in almost no time six years ago. At the time even though I had been to Jordan repeatedly I have never led a student trip there and the problems seemed insurmountable, and now by comparison the thought of going to Jordan seems so natural; essentially, I'm going home.

The camp in the Wadi Rum where we'll be spending Thanksgiving.

GS: later note - actually, that's not where we ended up staying after all. We went back to the Rainbow Camp, where we stayed on our first trip. We've been so successful in attracting large groups of students that we outgrew this camp.


No comments: