Saturday, February 6, 2021

The Anti- #YankeeHellhole

 I've been cleaning pictures off my phone - clearing more room for Audible books and Spotify downloads - which also led me to a casual process of cleaning out my email inbox. The latter is less about making more space than just getting organized (and, hell, everything is more enjoyable than writing) and I had so many pictures that I sent along as emails that were still patiently waiting for me in the ether. I wanted to get them spirited away and organized, and some of them will clearly be printed off and framed. I don't think this one will fall into that category, although it definitely makes me happy just looking at it. Any veteran of this blog would mention the back of Livingstone's in Stone Town. I went there first with my girlfriend Laura on one of our jollies away from Abu Dhabi (I still contend that had just about the most romantic travel itinerary: Abu Dhagi - Doha - Nairobi - Dar Es Salaam - Zanzibar) and the many times since then.

Sadly, the Tanzanian president is one of those (now all too common) populist tyrants who flourishes on fear, hatred and ignorance and has decided that Tanzania is not going to accept the COVID vaccine. So, who knows how many years it will be before we back to Zanzibar. Heavy sigh.



No comments: