Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Long Ball for the Long Haul

 One of the things that made the recent surgery reasonably pleasant was the many friends who stepped up to help out. Dannah, Steve, Cindy and Phil & Kathy dropped off lots of food and nursed me back to health. Pedro from the Food Shelf dropped off a copy of Tom Adelman's The Long Ball because, as he explained, I need to take a break from reading so many egghead books (as usual, he's right).

I haven't read a book about sports in an age, and I'm really enjoying this one.

And, yes, as a Reds fan I definitely remember the 1975 World Series than a Red Sox fan would. At the time the Reds had not won a championship in thirty-five years, so we had our own emotional baggage (although not Red Sox worthy). I clearly remember crying after game six.



No comments: