Monday, March 29, 2021

CB in an Auto-Rickshaw

I came across this picture the other day and decided to post it for a couple reasons. For off, it's off my most excellent friend, and titular little sister, Cyndi. She's had her own physical problems lately, and it made me smile to see her so happy. I've been whipping up meals every week and then driving out to the wilds of the country where she lives to drop them off after the Food Shelf on Saturday morning. Happily, she's on the mend, although she's facing six months recovery. Secondly, what impressed me about this picture is that I'm not certain where it was taken, which is quite the indictment of the fact that I've clearly travelled too much. Seriously, how can you have a picture of a dear friend in an auto-rickshaw and not know the location? The two most obvious answers are either India, when we drove off like lunatics to try and find an ATM, or Sri Lanka, when we were maneuvering up a hill to a temple.


Upon more mature reflection I'm leaning towards India, because it simply doesn't seem as overpoweringly green as it was in Sri Lanka. Eventually I'll stumble across the original files, hopefully (I just had to swap off computers and there's always the danger material will be lost), and I'll be able to answer this question definitively.



No comments: