Monday, March 8, 2021

Jai Hanuman

 Considering all the good luck that we had getting to India and back I guess it is necessary to give credit where credit is due: not me nor Steve nor even Inder; yes, Hanuman. Ever since the famous India/Sri Lanka passport misadventure Hanuman has always been the go to good luck source for Inder and I, and obviously Steve was happy to jump in and join our devotional fan club. On all of our trips the students quickly figure out that they are supposed to say Hamduillah after every success, no matter how small, including simply counting off in airports (they initially roll their eyes at it, but by the end of the trip some of them get quite emotional about it). However, while in India Jai Hanuman sneaks in as well. I guess this all popped into my mind recently because in my research I've been hopping back and forth between the Ramayana and Journey to the West, so Hanuman/Monkey are constantly in my thoughts.


I'm really cheating here because we never had the chance to go into this Hanuman temple in New Delhi, but maybe just driving by it a couple times gave us all the luck we needed.




No comments: