Sunday, November 28, 2021

Mahmoud Again

 On the trip we spent most of the time with our driver Mohammed (much more on him soon) but when I was looking at the itinerary I saw that Fadi and Hossam from Petra Moon Travel had assigned us a guide for our day in Petra. We had asked for a driver and not a guide for the week, so that was a little mysterious but I also appreciate how they always look after us. Also, truthfully, I had this suspicion that they might slip in Mahmoud, our long-time guide (as anyone who reads this blog - and why do you read this blog, seriously?) knows. And, sure enough, we popped down into the lobby at the Petra Moon Hotel on Thursday morning (and what better way to spend Thanksgiving than touring Petra - unless it's riding a camel through the Wadi rum and enjoying Bedouin-prepared turkey that night?) to find Mahmoud hanging out. As I've proposed, Mahmoud is the best guide we've had in any of our trips in any part of the world.  Plus, in addition, he's a good friend.


It was great to spend time with my friend Mahmoud, and he's definitely excited to meet the new crop of students in March.



No comments: