Sunday, November 28, 2021

Obstacles and Paths

 My son and I made it back safe and sound - and relatively unscathed - from our Lab Rat Tour of Jordan. Mainly, I went because I wanted to spend time with him and introduce him to my favorite place on earth, but I was also interested in working through the potential obstacles (at least the ones right now) for the upcoming student trip in March. We faced some definite COVID-related obstacles, but nothing that couldn't be overcome with a little intentionality, detail-focus, and refusal to surrender (I have few virtues, but I suppose I have these in some fashion or another). It helped that we had physical copies of every conceivable document - and uploaded information into every conceivable travel app - but, overall, while at times a little frustrating if not mystifying (at several points in the trip my son and I would debrief and eventually come back around to: "And what was the point of the that app - and the hours we spent uploading info into it - again?"), but it was manageable. Expect a lot more pictures to follow.


Warning: Clumsy Metaphor Alert.



No comments: