Monday, November 29, 2021

The Young Man and the Red Sea

 As I pointed out yesterday, for some inexcusable reasoning I had never made it to Aqaba before. Our stop was way too short, although I suspect that most of the charm of the place truly related to snorkeling or diving. That said, it did have a bustling downtown area which should be a good fit for allowing the students to do some exploring on the March trip.  With snorkeling in mind, the Boy and I were signed up for some time in the water. In the end I had to bail because I tweaked my back pretty thoroughly while we were still in Amman so I had to nurse it through the rest of the week (I was determined to climb the outcropping above Suleyman's camp to watch the sunset (yet again) and also to get back into Petra (which I missed out two years ago with a twisted knee), and thus I left G3 to do the snorkeling. He had a wonderful time and was stunned by the clear water and pristine views.

Looking at these pictures I'm thinking about the new apartments I saw for sale in Aqaba for 50,000 JD. Hmmm . . .


The dock from yesterday's picture.

The Boy preparing for the adventure. For some reason they initially handed him a Small.



G3 walking me through the process, and telling me that my students will definitely love the experience.



I think we definitely have a winner.



No comments: