Saturday, April 22, 2023

Post Ramadan Mischief

 Which my great friend Erik says would be a great name for a band. Yes, I've survived another Ramadan, and my dear friends Kevin and Marcelle took me out to El Gato for dinner to mark the occasion. As always I fasted, although I was a little more gentle on myself than in previous years (see previous blog post on general health); sometimes I started my fast a little later or ended it a little earlier; and I didn't fast on Easter Sunday - we were heading down to visit Janet's family and I thought passing on dinner at her mom's place would have been more performative than spiritual. 

And as my son noted, "Don't you and Marcelle have the same hair?"

It's hard to put into words what extraordinary friend Marcelle and Kevin have been to me over the years. I'm very blessed.




No comments: