Saturday, May 25, 2024

Capela Dos Ossos

 Now that I've decided to lead another student trip, this time to Portugal, in March 2025 I'm starting to think of all sorts of different ideas. I was talking to my dear friend, boon traveling companion, and titular little sister Cyndi yesterday about different things to do on the trip (of course, she, as my titular little sister, cannot imagine not going on the trip, which means she will). As we bounced around ideas I began to rethink the entire experience, which why, among many other reasons, she's such a great travelling companion on these trips. My initial thought was to spend close to a week in Lisbon and then catch a train over to Sintra for a couple days. Now I'm thinking that maybe I'll drag the students to Evora to finish the week instead. The class is, among other things, about identity, and I would argue that the interior of Portugal is more authentic to the Portuguese identity than the palaces of Sintra (although Sintra is amazing). And I'm sure they would love the Chapel of Bones. Here are some pictures I snapped on the March trip. It was our second visit to the Chapel, and if anything I loved it more on this trip than the first (which is really saying something).








No comments: