Monday, July 15, 2024

Glenn

 Last Friday I had a real treat: my old friend Glenn and his family were staying up in the Lake Champlain Islands. I drove over that morning, making my weekly overnight stay in Burlington even richer this week. He, like my late friend Gary Beatrice, began as a friend of a friend (Dave Kelley), but has now been a friend of mine for over thirty years. Mainly we just discussed baseball and shared fantasy baseball memories, which is a great way for old friends to spend a lovely summer afternoon. He's a good soul.

Like so many members of our generation, he's undergone some health issues lately, but he seemed strong and energetic, which made me very happy. I'm hoping I can see him again next month when I head back to the Hoosier Hellhole to visit family.



No comments: