Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thoughts on the Run

OK, it's been a busy day so I have no time to write anything in detail - so just a couple random notes. First off, I know it's a combination of the fact that we're still pretty close to the equator and we're moving into fall here in Zambia, but the fact that it's completely dark a couple minutes after 6:00 p.m. is just bizarre. On the positive side, the weather is extraordinary - mainly in the low 70's and very sunny (this is a nice break since it is supposed to be sizzling back in VT). Secondly, I received a very pleasant surprise today. My good friend Michael Wainaina - or just Wainaina, it takes Kenyans a long time to share their first name with anyone (I guess it's sort of like when everyone just calls me Scudder, except that is explained by the fact that I have no friends) - from Kenyatta University is here at the eLearning Conference. Wainaina is the one who introduced me to the lovely west African saying, "my people are quiet," which is spoken in response to "How are you doing?" It means that everything is OK.

No comments: