Thursday, April 28, 2016

Journey Through the Past - My Mom

I just wanted to post some pictures of my mom that are making the rounds among my brother and sisters as we prepare for the service.  This is going to sound horrible, but I'm having trouble remembering her this happy.  What I keep coming back to is the thought that I probably played a role in her being so unhappy later, not necessarily because I was a terror (my father pulled me aside once in my 30s and felt compelled to tell me that I was actually very easy to raise; which he didn't realize until he and mom worked their way through my siblings), but because I could have been more giving, that I could have been more involved in her life; essentially, that I was guilty of being as distant as she often was.

I definitely remember this avatar of my mom.

Wow, how classic teenager is this picture?

I think this is my all-time favorite picture of my mom, especially since it also features my grandma Alice.

This may be an outtake from Grapes of Wrath.

No comments: