Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hostal Persal


OK, I know I have to just let this whole Hostal Persal thing go, but this is a pretty wretched hotel. The folks at the front desk are great and very helpful, but this room is tiny and the air conditioner leaks and the wifi was out half the time and the volume on the tiny wall-mounted TV was so low that I couldn't hear it and the elevator was down for a while. Still, it does have a wonderful location and a restaurant, which, while not great, does make breakfast in the morning easier (Madrid is not a big breakfast town, as you might expect from a town that is up all night). If you ever stay here just don't accept room 211. I tried to stay at the Hostal Cervantes, where I stayed before, but I couldn't confirm my reservation because they had the telephone and fax numbers reserved on the webpage. It's only 45 euros a night and is only a block from the Prado, but it's also a place that you'd almost have to go into on a dare (although the staff is nice and it has wifi). Oh, one last thing and I'm getting off the net, take a look at the shower. If you have to curl your toes to be able to stand in the shower basin then I just think it's too small. OK, OK, I've got to let this go . . .

No comments: