Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Internet or the lack thereof

OK, so I have moved on to Budapest and am still having Internet problems. I have some great pictures that I would love to post, but inconsistent or expensive Internet access is making it a little more difficult than usual. Apparently I will have to put some pictures on my memory stick and then transfer them. I am sitting in a little hole in the wall Internet cafe in Budapest that is across the street from my hotel, the Mercure Budapest Buda. In the hotel it will essentially cost me around ten dollars an hour to get wifi (if I can get it to work, it is the same system that I struggled with at the Hotel Wandl in Vienna). So, I walked across the street and am paying around a dollar and a half an hour. Of course, I am also sitting in the dark at one of five computers set up on a round table. Still, I do have a budget to nurture . . .
No trouble getting here this morning. Again, that amazing European public transportation system. In Vienna I paid 67 euros for a round trip ticket to Budapest. The train left on time and was perfectly comfortable. I figured out the Budapest metro system and bought a week pass so I am set there. Starting tomorrow morning I have a series of meetings stretched over three days with Corvinus University in regards to the Global Modules project. They seem really excited, so I am looking forward to the conversation. No time to sight-see so far (the hotel has a fitness center so I booked for the rest of the day). Maybe later in the week.

No comments: