Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Leaving Moscow

This trip, as always seems to be the case, is flying along. This morning I'm rushing around getting ready to catch a flight to St. Petersburg (maybe I'll be able to post pictures there). I've just completed two great days of meetings at the State University of the Higher School of Economics, and I was blown away by the school. Fantastic students - amazing English skills and very dedicated and enthusiastic. I had my first contact with the school when a professor, Eketerina Talalakina, came up to me after a presentation I gave at a conference in Barcelona. She said she was really interested in trying out a Global Module. Now, a lot of professors say that after presentation, but she really meant it. Almost immediately we began to email and we've already run our first GM this fall semester - and it looks like we might have as many as eight or more running in the spring semester, which is just about as fast a progression as I can ever remember. I've really enjoyed Moscow - and will have much more to say about it soon. I wish I could have had more time to explore. I made it down to the Kremlin twice, but both times the Red Square itself was closed (very frustrating). I also made it down to a great art museum, which I could have spent two days visiting but only had an hour and a half (I would have had even less time with out the amazing efforts of Ekaterina's TA Karina who drove me around and battled Moscow traffic fearlessly). Much like Lenin, I'm now off to St. Petersburg!

No comments: