Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gold Star Gentlemen

While my trip back to Indiana for my mother's funeral is a decidedly sad event, it has allowed me to get back in touch with family and friends I haven't seen in a while.  That includes meeting several old friends at a Gold Star Chili parlor in Covington, Kentucky yesterday.  Whenever you make new friends you're suddenly brought into their social universe (the best kind of networking).  This was certainly the case when I became friends with Dave Kelley.  And now I've known them for thirty years, so I guess they officially qualify as my old friends as well.  It was fantastic to see them, and definitely made me want to get back to the Natti more frequently.

From left to right: Dick, Scott, John, Dave, Glenn and Gary.  Truly, wonderful souls.

No comments: