Monday, July 17, 2017

Ali G Revisited

I've discussed the excellence of Ali G before, but I wanted to post a couple pictures anyway.  He's a waiter - well, I think we can all agree that he's the greatest waiter in the world - who works at the African House Hotel in Zanzibar.  We met him for the first time on our March 2016 trip.  He provided an amazing breakfast for Emma and me after her adventure at the doctor's office, and he was so nice I wanted to introduce him to Steve.  And I don't think there's been a day that we've been in Stone Town since that we haven't spent time with the inestimable Ali G. In an all too often bitter, sullen world, there are few happier simple pleasures like walking into the African House and being greeted by Ali G with a cold Kilamanjaro and his signature "kila kitu sawa?" - "why not?"

We love Ali G!  There's an off-chance that someday soon we're going to lead a group of Trustees or Alumni to Zanzibar, and I think Steve is most excited about the prospect of walking into the African House and seeing the truly excellent Ali G.

Here's Ali G explaining, patiently, his latest complicated fist bump routine.


No comments: