Saturday, November 4, 2017

Herding Cats in Amman

I've already decided that once I finish with my Years With Proust (although I have bigger plans for that material, but more on that later) challenge I'm going to take a little time off from that level of daily analysis/discussion and get back to working on the epics project more deliberately and intensely.  This doesn't mean that the blog will be ignored.  Obviously, we'll still be carrying on the Discography discussion through the end of Year Two, and hopefully, after another break, on into Year Three. In addition, I need to get back to the original purpose of the blog (ten years and 1600 posts later): recording my experiences overseas.  Part of that, as I mentioned yesterday, relates to Jordan.  I'm just shocked how few posts I have on Jordan, a country that I absolutely love; as I've said, it may be my favorite place.  There are so many factors that shape when and what I write, including what's going on in my life.  There are years when I produced thirteen blogs posts and others when I wrote over four-hundred.  I wonder if the number of Jordan posts has been hurt by the fact that because it's my favorite place I just assume that I'll be back, so the need to record anything doesn't seem as pressing.  No matter the reason, expect a lot more attention paid to Jordan.

Cyndi, maintaining her normal patient decorum while Lian, Taylor, Emma and Libby design their own unique personal perfumes in a shop in downtown Amman.  The merchant looks amused by their shenanigans.  He must have appreciated Cyndi's efforts because he whipped up some special hand cream for her and comped her.


No comments: