Thursday, June 7, 2018

Little Petra

I just wanted to post a quick picture (I'm absolutely buried at the moment with study and writing and home chores) from the recent trip to Jordan.  While I've been to Petra many times I think this last trip was only my second time in Little Petra, which is simply a different entrance to the ancient city.  It doesn't get nearly the visitors that the main area gets, which is alone a good reason to go.

This is a picture I snapped of the students from inside a cave as they looked out at the facing wall.  One of the things that makes Petra amazing is the advanced efforts they made to collect water (not surprising in a desert).  You can really see it more clearly in Little Petra.  Look at the wall, and you can see the little channels that were carved into the rock face to capture all the water and bring it together for collecting.


No comments: