Sunday, June 17, 2018

The New Zanzibar Crew


I thought it would be a good idea to introduce the new Zanzibar crew.  They'll be taking my COR 220, Aesthetic Expression, in the fall semester and my friend and colleague Steve Wehmeyer's COR 250, Sacred and Secular, in the spring - and traveling to Zanzibar over winter break.



Whitney Bain

My major: Professional Writing with specialization in Creative Writing

The countries I've visited: Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, and Canada.

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I have hiked two of Colorado’s 53 14ers and I hope to hike them all some day. Only 51 to go!”


Aaryck Carlson
"Erik Carlson is my legal name, but I go by Aaryck (same pronunciation, different spelling) most of the time."

My major: International Business 

The countries I've visited: “I have visited 48 of the 50 United States ( I'm missing Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, England, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy.”

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I enjoy making cosplay, which is when someone dresses up like a character from any form of media. I mostly make outfits for myself but I've also done a few outfits on commission.”


Victoria Cipriani

My major:  Psychology Major with a Criminal Justice Minor

The countries I've visited: Dominica, Antigua, Saint Thomas, and Saint Martin

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “Something unique about me is that I was named after my great grandfather Victorio for my first name, and my middle name was after his wife Louise.”


Patrick Davin

My major: Creative Media

The countries I've visited: Germany, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy, Ireland, Costa Rica 

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I was bitten by a wild monkey in Costa Rica.”


Sam Dykes

My major: Game Art and Animation

The countries I've visited: France, Jamaica, Canada

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I'm a little less than half Native American, even though I don't look like it.”


Jonathan Hanyok

My major: Cyber Security and Networking

The countries I've visited: Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, Spain, France, Andorra, Belgium, Croatia, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria. 

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “My favorite place to be is on an airplane because the destinations are endless.”


River Hoffman

My major: Business Administration

The countries I've visited: Germany, France, the Netherlands, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and around parts of Canada

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I collect limited edition sneakers like yeezys and Jordans.”


Heather Mansfield

My major: Law Major with Psychology Minor

The countries I've visited: Canada, England, Germany, France, Austria, and Switzerland

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “One random thing about me is that I live and work on a farm.”


Emily Mazzara

My major: Professional Writing

The countries I've visited: Ireland, Scotland, Canada

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I'm blood related to Hall-of-Fame recognized New York Yankee, Joe Dimaggio, on my dad's side.”


Joshua Meranda

My major: Computer Science major with a Cybersecurity minor

The countries I've visited: England, United Arab Emirates, Germany, and Austria

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “As a young child I attended a Clown Camp for two years.”


Amelia Payne

My major: Game Programming

The countries I've visited: Greece, Turkey, Italy, Barbados, Canada, England, BVI, USVI, Mexico, Grenada

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I do Pysanky (Ukrainian Easter eggs) and cook sometimes.”


Miranda Rodriguez

My major: Creative Media with concentrations in Visual Art, Creative Writing, and Filmmaking

The countries “I've visited: Ecuador, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, and The Bahamas. Hopefully Puerto Rico in the very near future.”

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I was in color guard in high school, which basically means I got to spin flags, wooden rifles, and sabers in our high school marching band.”


Miller Roman

My major: Game Programming 

The countries I've visited: -Thailand, Mexico, Honduras, solid part of Europe

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I grew up in Mexico so I have been sailing competitively, diving and surfing from a young age. I love to be in the water. I know it’s a bad photo but I don't have many photos that are just of me or able to present to professors “


Cameron Schneider

My major: Game Programming

The countries I've visited: Germany

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I don't need water because I'm dripping in sarcasm and drowning in bad puns.”


Lydia Selman

My major: Communications with a Sonic Arts specialization

The countries I've visited: England, France, and Canada

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “Fun fact: I don't like posting about myself on the internet..”


Ariel Simpson

My major: Environmental Studies & Policy

The countries I've visited: Israel, Italy, France, Germany, Iceland, Canada, England 

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “My dog’s name is Dobby, like the house elf.”


Destiny Somers

My major: Elementary Education

The countries I've visited: “have only been to a few states including, Boston, Massachusetts, rural New York, Maine, New Hampshire, and last summer I took a road trip to Tennessee.”

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “My favorite music is reggae, and currently my favorite artist is Damien Marley, with my favorite song being Speak Life, and his album Stony Hill being my top, though it is a close run with the collaboration with Nas, Distant Relatives.”


Victoria Thompson

My major: Education

The countries I've visited: England, Ireland, and Wales

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “Something unique about myself is that I’ve lived in Vermont my whole life and wanted to stay here for college because I love the state so much. Excited to meet all of you!”


Kai Wilens

My major: Computer Science and Innovation (CSI)

The countries I've visited: Cambodia, South Korea, England, Canada, Iceland

Something funny or cool or unique about me: “I love to dance, especially to disco.”

No comments: