Wednesday, February 5, 2020

What It Means - Day 324

OK, I promise I'll get back to surah 18 tomorrow, and this was my intention today. However, our Imam sent an email around with some pictures of the recently installed carpet in the new mosque, and it's very beautiful. However, what I wanted to share was a picture he sent along of the efforts to get the Qibla (the direction of prayer) as exact as possible in the new masjid. 

As the Imam explained:

"To set the direction of the Qibla, we used the most advanced technology. A straight line was drawn through Google Earth starting from the middle of the Ka'aba landing at our masjid doorstep.

The prayer lines are slightly angled towards the exact direction of the Qibla with the highest accuracy and reliability."

We've talked before about the process of locating the Qibla, especially since our new masjid, since it was originally a church, is naturally not facing towards Mecca. I'm excited to see how it is all set up. When I was in the new building before the construction had not reached nearly that level of completion.



Faith in the age of technology.

No comments: