Monday, October 25, 2021

Buyer's Remorse or Maybe Not

 In a month I'll be back in Jordan. Naturally, as is often the case this far out, I'm suffering through buyer's remorse, or maybe just general exhaustion at the thought of all the hoops I have to jump through to get there. As I've discussed previously my son and I are heading over to Jordan for Thanksgiving break, essentially offering ourselves up as lab rats for the trip. In a non-Zombie Apocalypse world I'd probably still feel a slight bit of buyer's remorse, but the pandemic has made things so much more complicated. Of course, once I go and sort things out it will make the March student trip so much more manageable - so I know that in the end I'll appreciate the effort (unless I come back and decide that getting two people over and back was such a nightmare that I can't even imagine bringing over twenty people). Now, I'm also bringing my son, which will be his first trip to Jordan and only his second time out of the country, so that will also rev me up down the road. It's such a joy to spend time with your adult kids because it's so rare that we get that time, and I'm excited to share my favorite place with him.


Soon, soon, all too soon we'll be at the Rainbow Camp in the Wadi Rum, watching the sun set over the desert, and all this anxiety will be forgotten.



No comments: