Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Faffing Around

 As I mentioned in another post I recently bought a camera. It's not a fantastic camera but rather a good camera, a Nikon D3500, which is one of those classic starter cameras. Classically, it didn't come with an instruction manual, but instead you could go to a website to view the manual. They always sell it as a sign of their environmental concerns, when, obviously, they're simply trying to maximize profits. So, the learning process has been slow. All I've been doing so far in tinkering with it, measuring my level of buyer's remorse. Soon I'll start messing with the options and gadgets, with a hope of having a better idea what the hell is going on before I head over to Jordan next month. I've taken the camera out for a test drive at Greenmount Cemetery, which is close to my apartment, and then out to the Causeway. Both days were appropriately overcast, that is, a day when it's hard to fuck up pictures. I can already feel the urge to buy a bigger lens for closeups, so this will all end badly.












No comments: