Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Ruzomberok Revisited

 No, I'm not actually going back to Ruzomberok, Slovakia (although I'd like to do so). Instead, as I've been culling through old pictures, I came across some from the painful summer that I passed through Slovakia a couple different times. Sadly, many of the Slovakia pictures were lost when my camera was swiped in Barcelona. This led me to going back into my blog and reading my posts about Slovakia, which, sadly, are few. I found a very lovely and heartfelt post about my time visiting Rozomberok and the good folks at the university there. It's inspired me to post a couple pictures of the city itself, snapped on a gloriously overcast day, but I'm think I'm going to try and reach out to my friends from there and see if they are still teaching at the university. One of my many failings as a human beings (and they are legion) is that throughout all the heartache of the last decade I've let people slip away.  This blog, with all its flaws and missteps, is a lovely history record in and of itself and I'm going to mine it.





No comments: