Tuesday, September 12, 2023

There's Something Wrong With That Boy

 I ran into my friend Kathy Leo-Nyquist the other day and we were reminiscing about the time that we were part of a crew of Champlain professors who travelled to China. It was part of the infamous seven country/seven week trip that I made in 2009 when I was freshly separated and my sense of self-loathing was at its most intense (as you can see from my relatively skeletal body - I was in the middle of the breakup diet that far too many of us go on at one time or another); it helped that I actually had some place to sleep other than my office and something to eat other than ramen noodles. Unfortunately, on my last stop, Barcelona, my camera was swiped so most of the pictures - and memories - the trip were lost. Happily, Kathy sent me a bunch of pictures of the trip, the one below being one of them. We were all together for a week or so in Beijing before the rest of the professors took off for southern China on a faculty development tour and I went off to far western China alone on a different one.


Seriously, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in this photo - either yelling or just gesticulating wildly in the midst of a ridiculous story or some combination of the two.




No comments: