Thursday, May 5, 2022

Lindoso

 OK, so I blatantly swiped this picture off of the Net, but hopefully I'll take a somewhat similar one this summer. This is the tiny village of Lindoso, tucked away up near the Spanish border in northern Portugal. Janet and I are headed there for seventeen days this summer, as part of a three week jolly in Portugal. A couple months back she texted me when I was sitting at the SJC with friends and said that she had found crazy cheap flights to Portugal, and what should she do. I said "Buy them, now, don't think about it. We'll sort it out later." Actually, we really hadn't been dating that long at the time, but it just seemed like the thing to do; to be fair, we discussed going to Portugal on our first date. Then later I was messing around on the Airbnb site and stumbled across a 13th century cottage on the grounds of a castle in Lindoso, a town of which I knew nothing. And here we are. The cottage actually holds six - our thought process was that our friends could come and go as they pleased - although, yeah, we know no one will show up, and that's OK.


Our plan is to just be for around three weeks, with side day trips and the occasional overnight. I normally don't like it when people say they "can't wait" for something, because, well, it's sloppy, because what they really means is that they're really urgently looking forward to something. Having said that, I can't wait until we arrive in Lindoso.



No comments: