Sunday, May 8, 2022

O lobo nao fala portugues

 As part of the preparation for this summer's Portugal adventure Janet and I have been tackling Portuguese on Duolingo. She has a natural affinity for languages so she's dominating it, whereas, well, I'm championing on as best I can. I decided to just go ahead and buy a lifetime membership at Rosetta Stone (I've tinkered with a couple languages, mainly Arabic, there in the past) but for some reason their app is not interested in letting me pay - and I'm having similar issues at their webpage - so I'm experimenting with Duolingo (I'm so frustrated with Rosetta Stone's refusal to help me pay that it makes me think that the entire thing must be run by Vermonters, who, as we know, are oddly resistant to being in any hurry to take on business/money). Anyway, Duolingo is fun and sort of goofy and, to a certain point, free. It's sort of set up as a game, so it is fun, if you can get your mind around the absurdity of devoting your time to learning how to say things like "the wolf does not speak Portuguese" . . .


No comments: