Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back in Mumbai

Just a quick note to the three people who read this blog to let you know that I am, in fact, alive. The last week has been fraught with more disaster than even I encounter in a year of travel (and we know that my trips are an endless stream of disasters). I'm sitting in the Peninsula Hotel in Mumbai, on the other side of a trip to Chennai and then Vellore and then Chennai and then Delhi and then Agra and then Delhi and now back to Mumbai. I'm not flying out tonight around 2:00 a.m. (when most flights seem to leave Mumbai) so I'm hoping to have the opportunity to get caught up. I just got off the phone with the nice folks at the Arlequin Grand Place Hotel in Brussels and they explained how to get to the hotel - 5 euro by train to the Central Station and a couple block walk - or 50 euro by taxi. The 50 euro taxi ride is a shock, especially after a week and a half in India, but typical of Europe. So, welcome to Europe - and seldom have I been so glad to be heading back. More later.

No comments: