Friday, July 16, 2010

Grand Place









As I mentioned, the Hotel Arlequin Grand Place, where I stayed in Brussels, was only around a block and a half away from the Grant Place itself. You turned left out of the hotel and followed the cobblestone street until you arrivede at the main square, which is the center of the old part of Brussels. I could give a name to every one of the buildings, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. The architecture is quite stunning. The Grand Place is a huge square, probably a couple hundreds yards across, which is lined with museums and restaurants and stores. It is busy all day long, and is a particularly lovely place to sit at the end of the day. The top picture is of the Galleries Royales St. Hubert, which has been turned into a very high end shopping mall. The rest of the pictures are various shots of the Grand Place. Highly recommended. My friend Kate asked me to take a lot of pictures of the architecture - between this posting and the ones to come on Bruges, she'll get her wish.

No comments: