Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fool in Action

And here's a nice picture that my excellent student Brianna took.  She was a student in my Concepts of the Self class in the fall and needed to take some pictures for a photography class and asked if she could visit my Islam class.  It was a day when I asked the students to bring in their laptops so that we could discuss Umayyad and Abbasid art that I had collected in an Artstor folder.  So here's a shot of me on bended knee talking to a group about Islamic art.  Years ago I moved away from lecture almost entirely and instead always stress analysis of documentary evidence and classroom discussion.  Even I get tired of listening to myself talk.

I loath having my picture taken, and here's another example of the correctness of that view.

No comments: