Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Roma

Just back from a manic and utterly amazing short trip to Rome.  While I had been to Florence and Lucca before, I had never made it to Rome (like most people, I suppose, I had visited Sana'a and Zanzibar before Rome).  I absolutely loved it and will have a lot more to say about it.  Lately I haven't been posting much, although that mainly relates to my struggle with Picasa, which has, as is the wont with contrary computers, taken over my computer and is working with my blog site to drive me crazy.  So, no pictures.  However, I think I've figured it out now so there should be a flood of postings soon.  And now the absolute question, does visiting the Vatican Museum constitute a visit to Vatican City - and does that constitute a visit to a new country.  Shameless passport staffing, really.

Oh, and as you might expect, I ate more than my fair share (or anyone's fair share) of pizza.  I loved this one, and had never had one wherein each topping had their own geographic region.

3 comments:

KBL said...

very cool. I love Rome! I've actually been there!

Gary Scudder said...

It's fantastic, isn't it? I had visited Florence, which I loved, but Rome was pretty amazing. Lots more posts coming. What was your favorite part of Rome?

KBL said...

God - I can barely remember (it was 1986) - but I would have to say the Coliseum and/or St. Peter's Square and Basilica. I do remember just doing some shopping and enjoying some of the little shops throughout the city. I loved Italy. I thought it was much more exciting than England. ;)