Thursday, December 1, 2016

Ask Scudder

Asking Scudder anything is, as all right-thinking individuals know, always a bad idea, but some students foolishly follow that path.  One of my students, Max Bell, included this slide in his Powerpoint presentation to explain his thought process in tackling his Velazquez-Picasso project.  He swiped the picture from the Champlain website.  On the Core page we were supposed to include a picture of us with physical objects that mean something to us.  Normally, that would include nothing, but in this case it was an easy call because I had a picture taken of me with the walking stick my grandfather made me.  I have to give Max credit for nerve, if nothing else.

At least the picture hasn't been turned into a meme, yet.  Last week I found a second picture of mine which had been refashioned as a meme, which, I guess, I should consider something akin to a compliment.

No comments: