Thursday, December 15, 2016

More Scudder Memes

And the cottage industry that is Champlain College students churning out Scudder memes apparently never passes into a recession.  Clearly, I don't give them enough homework.  Still, it's pretty inspired, and I suppose I should take it all as a compliment.  These are all images of the Doctor Maudsley character that I played (poorly) in the school play.

Now, I don't ever remember saying this, although it sounds like something I would say - and it definitely sounds like something the character featured in the meme would say.

Now this is something I definitely say almost every day, and it is a line I swiped from The Simpsons.  Often if I have Scudder veterans in the class I'll change it up and say something like, "John, if you had to judge my urge to kill at this moment, what would you say?"  And they'll inevitably reply with something like, "Oh, I think it's definitely rising."

When students bring propitiatory offerings - usually a cookie or a donut - to make up for being late I almost always propose, "All is forgiven."

No comments: