Sunday, May 20, 2018

Yet Another Suspicious Baby

My friend Kristin sent me this picture and I couldn't help but post it.  It was snapped at the Core Division end of the year potluck, hosted by the excellent Joanne.  Here I am holding Kristin's daughter Mae, who is clearly suspicious of me.  Mainly I just love the look on her face.  According to Kristin, Mae is naturally standoffish, but I think she was willing to give me a chance because of my cool t-shirt and because, like all children, she thought that I might actually be Santa Claus.  Eventually she warmed to me, as all children and dogs do.  It's only adult, sentient beings who dislike me. Unlike Mae's older brother Wyatt, I played no wiffle ball related role in her early birth.

This also reminds me of that picture (posted a couple weeks ago) that one of my student snapped of me holding a baby in downtown Amman.


No comments: