Saturday, August 11, 2018

Eating at the Witchcraft Museum

How am I so perpetually far behind in posting?  I mean, the point of the blog was to chronicle my travels, so I suppose it would help if I didn't take on challenges such as reading and blogging on Proust or running a music blog.  Still, those projects have been a lot of fun, and are part of who I am so I guess I shouldn't complain. 

I was just talking to my great friend Bill Wixon and he's heading off soon to meet his wife in Iceland. He wanted some information about Iceland and I told him that I had a ton of posts, except that I don't actually have a ton of posts on Iceland.  And I can't seem to track down many of my pictures?  Hmmm, there's another mystery to eat up my time. I know I took a million pictures on my phone.  Now, where did they wander off to?  Oh well, I'll sort it out.  I'll focus on brief posts of the pictures I have tracked down.  When Gary and I were in Holmavik we ended up eating most of our meals in the Witchcraft Museum. Because it was the first week of January it was essentially deserted.  The lovely lady who looked after the Museum, Thorunn (who is my friend on FB), told us that in the summer they have up to three hundred people a day, which is pretty extraordinary.  In the middle of winter it felt like the end of the universe, at least until we went further out to the true edge of the universe. Besides being a very friendly person, Thorunn is also a great cook, so we were happy to eat every meal there. I suspect in the summer there are more places open, but whatever the season I'd definitely suggest eating at the Witchcraft Museum.

My son, goofing, and looking great, per usual, in his Dutch Mill sweatshirt.

My son is extremely bright and perceptive, but taking pictures . . .

No comments: