Monday, August 13, 2018

Wow

I don't know why this picture amuses me so much, but it does.  On our trip to Iceland a year and a half ago my son and I flew on Wow Air, which had recently started flying out of Montreal. It's not like I hadn't flown on discount airlines before, but Wow was, well, especially discount. They were fine, really, although not really as expensive as they advertise (also typical, no one could be if they wanted to stay in business).  The biggest price jump related to their draconian baggage policy.  For every suitcase it was something like $85 a piece, which ran the price up pretty quickly. So, I guess the answer is to bring almost nothing, which was difficult with a CPAP machine and travelling in the middle of winter.  Like a lot of discount airlines you have to pay for everything on the flight; so no lovely meal alone the way.  I had the Yum Yum Noodles because who doesn't want to pay for ramen noodles on an international flight (and also because they remind me of graduate school, which I always romantically refer to as Ramen Noodle Years). Oh, and I also like ramen noodles.


Mmmmm, Yum Yum Noodles . . .


No comments: