Sunday, August 12, 2018

Manfredi Album Art

Michael Manfredi is a very unique individual, and not simply because he's the only student who ever went with me on three student trips: Zanzibar, India/Sri Lanka, Jordan. He's one of those students who you know you'll end up staying close to after they've left the school (MM graduated a couple months back).  He was swapping emails with Steve Wehmeyer and me this morning and wanted to show us some of his artwork (which I've shared on this blog before).  On our trip to Zanzibar he had purchased an album at the Dhow Countries Music Academy, and was finally getting around to burn it onto his phone. Since there was no album art that made the transference he decided to create his own, which is celebrated below. I'm not really certain about my royalties, but they had better be substantial.



Oh, and Michael has determined that he and I are going to take a camel ride from the Wadi Rum all the way to Petra.  He's already done research on it, and I think it only (only? riding a camel is painful, but that's another blog post) takes around four or five days.  Our guide would cook for us, and we'd sleep under the stars in the desert.  If I can work out powering my CPAP it sounds utterly epic!


No comments: