Sunday, July 14, 2019

Levels of Self-Absorption Never Before Witnessed by Humankind

This will not be a long blog post, but I thought I should note the occasion. This is the 2002nd post in the now decade-long history of this blog. I can remember when I reached a thousand I put together a more expansive post that featured some of my all-time favorite places I've visited overseas. In the end maybe I'll go back and come up with something more substantial to mark this moment in infamy. In reaching number 1000 I can remember telling my friend Cyndi that it was sort of bittersweet because I was certain that I'd never actually make 2000, and yet here we are. And, truthfully, a lot of time hasn't passed between numbers 1000 and 2000, which I guess means that I'm still living my life and doing stuff. Granted, I think I had probably just begun the Proust series (and had no way of knowing that it would end up gobbling up 737 posts) or the Discography series or the What It Means series. Still, I guess it means I'm not dead - although let's also not lose sight of the extraordinary level of self-absorption that this entails. Now, I think we can agree that I'm not going to reach 3000 . . .


No comments: