Thursday, July 25, 2019

Two Sides of the Same Cyndi Coin

OK, I know I've posted one of these pictures before, but I was cleaning out my over-burdened and long-suffering phone the other day and thought I should post these two together. It's amazing/unexplainable that I still have pictures from a spring 2017 trip on my phone, because, well, that's two years ago, but I've also changed phones since then. Occasionally I'll get phone self-diagnostic messages that I need to clear pictures off of my memory, and I always intend to do so, but it ends up being carried out pretty fitfully. Sometimes I think it's the enormity of turning all of these pictures into blog posts, which saves them forever (maybe) but also means that I need to do something with them. Mainly I think I'm just afraid of losing them, although if I don't do something they seem to magically disappear into the cloud for a while before leaving completely. Anyway, someday I will get completely caught up, which is what may get me to 3000 posts down the road.

Here are two pictures I snapped on our last day in Sri Lanka after we had left the crazy posh hotel where we were checking out elephants and were on our way back to Colombo for the flight. Along the way we, in one of those classic unscripted moments I talk about so much, stopped to have pictures taken with a very big snake (which I've posted about before). I love these two pictures of my wonderful friend Cyndi because I think they are the worst and best pictures I've ever taken of her, back to back.

Cyndi being introduced to the snake, which I'm sure is the worst picture I ever took of her. 

And Cyndi a moment later, which may be the best picture I've ever taken of her. It definitely speaks to her power to roll with the punches, which is one of the many reasons why I love to travel with her. She can instantaneously adapt to anything no matter how unpleasant, which may explain our friendship.

No comments: