Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Shelves are Stocked

I just wanted to post a picture that I snapped yesterday at the South Burlington Food Shelf. A couple weeks ago I included a post touching upon the efforts to get it up and running, and it's amazing how far we've come in five weeks. The community has been very generous, and now out biggest challenges (beyond raising money) is to get the word out to all the folks who need help. This week Trader Joe's delivered fresh fruit and vegetables and prepared meals several times and we're stuffed.

In my faith charity is stressed to an incredible degree (it is one of the Five Pillars) but I hope that I would be as excited about this project, as well as the work of TechDren, even if I were not a convert. While I've been sad and more than a bit frustrated lately, at the same time I know that I'm very blessed and I hope to have many opportunities to give back.

Oh, and the other night my son came to the Food Shelf to volunteer, which made it even better.


No comments: