Monday, April 13, 2020

Money Shot

Usually with every trip there's that one money shot, the one that's so perfect that it makes the entire trip worth while. I remember a picture I shot in Petra once that managed, in one frame, to capture a Bedu riding a camel, a Roman road, and Nabataean ruins. On the Namibia Trip of Mystery I think it would have to be the pictures from Sossusvlei, not only because they're beautiful and haunting but also because it was that forlorn place that led me there for my birthday in the first place. Now that I need to fill up the walls of a new apartment I'm going to be making a much more concerted effort to run off actual physical pictures.

Here's my favorite picture from Sossusvlei, the money shot. I described in on Facebook as my official lonely shot from the Great Isolation.

And here's a version where I was tinkering with the darkness a bit. Neither of them ended up looking as good here as they do on my phone, sadly. I may just print them both up and see which one looks better.


No comments: