Saturday, April 18, 2020

Scudder Mania

I suppose if you've been somewhere for twenty years - and you've traveled as much as I have - and you have such an odd relationship with your students as I have - it makes sense that you get asked to do things like provide personal questions for a trivia competition. The Office of International Education was trying to raise funds for student scholarships, so I was happy to do so, even if it also made me seem like an even bigger self-absorbed wanker than I am (which is saying a lot). Still, it was fun, and the students seemed to have a good time.

Are you ready? As my son would propose, "No, you're not ready."

Answer: Sana'a, Yemen

Answer: London, United Kingdom

Answer: Jordan (duh)

Answer: United Arab Emirates

Answer: Kasgar, China

Answer: Donkey Penis Wine

Answer: United Arab Emirates

Answer: Reykjavik, Iceland

Answer: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Answer: Watching the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow, Russia (although I have)

Answer: It's a trick question, I've had strange djinn-related events in all of them

Answer: Five days in Fez, Morocco

No comments: