Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Boy


OK, just another picture that I thought was lost, but which I rediscovered buried in a neglected folder at school. This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of my son. He was 16 at the time, and the picture was taken at our old house in Barre. He's wearing his Braves cap. Since his formative years were spent in Atlanta his favorite team has always been the Braves. I think he's become as big a baseball fan as his father. I remember years ago we were watching the last game of the World Series, and after the last out he turned to me and say, "and now what do we do till spring?" - which is a thought I've had countless times at the same point in the season. The other day he showed me how to stream games from my computer (using MLB.TV, which he also introduced to me) onto my television. Some of my favorites moments today are when he comes over and we watch Reds or Braves games. He really is a wonderful kid. I can still remember with complete clarity the moment he was born (and he just had his 23rd birthday) and the doctor handed him to me, and all I could think of was that I already loved him so much that it was almost unfair (and I still do today).

2 comments:

KBL said...

My dad always loved the Braves, so much that he would drive us to Cincinnati every summer to see the Reds and the Braves play. So, the Reds and the Braves are *both* my favorite teams. :)

KBL said...

Oh, and I remember when he was 3 or 4, and he was the cutest little kid I'd ever known (until I had my own...) I can't believe he's 23. :)